As you know, our facilities closed on March 17th due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During our closure, we’ve worked to develop protocols that ensure our plasma collection centers are the safest environments in our communities. When your local ImmunoTek center reopens, you can be assured that the facility is disinfected every two hours and that our staff are highly trained in infection control practices. You’ll experience some changes when you rejoin us as an ImmunoTek donor. Please review this information carefully so you are prepared for donation with us.
- Please do not come to the plasma center if you aren’t feeling well.
We want to protect our employees and their families as well as our donors and their families. Please make the life-saving decision to stay home if you are sick.
- Access to the facility will be controlled.
Please follow all posted placards and staff instructions to obtain access to the facility.
- You will be required to bring a face covering and wear that face covering at all times while in our facility.
The CDC has recommended cloth face coverings are worn anytime that you go into public. Masks are worn to protect others in the event that you are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic. For example, if you feel completely well, but you are infected, by wearing a mask, you reduce the chance that you’ll make someone else sick. For this reason, ImmunoTek will require every individual inside our facility to wear face coverings.
- The CDC guidelines for face coverings include the following safe practices. Cloth face coverings should:
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
- Should be routinely washed depending on the frequency of use.
- Individuals should be careful not to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth when removing their face covering and wash hands immediately after removing.
- Our staff will be wearing face masks in addition to face shields.
To further reduce the potential for the spread of infection, our staff will wear full PPE, including face masks under their face shields. We have also required all employees to stay home if they are not feeling well.
Our anticipated reopening dates are listed below, however we ask that you contact your local center to ensure you have the most up to date schedule.
May 11th – Sumter, SC
May 18th – Bedford, TX & Dallas, TX
May 25th – Fort Pierce, FL
June 15th – Cocoa, FL
June 22th – Greenacres, FL & Columbia, SC
June 29th – Sanford, FL & Port Orange
July 6th – Florence, SC & High Point, NC
July 13th – Cleveland, TN & Lithia Springs, GA
Your plasma donation is needed more than ever and we look forward to welcoming you back into our centers – We promise that you’ll find our centers the safest environments in the community.